Composition: Each mL contains 75 μg Peforelin (active ingredient), 1 mg chlorocresol (preservative)
Target species: Swine
Indications: For the induction of the estrus cycle in sows after weaning, and in sexually mature gilts following therapy to inhibit the estrus cycle with progestogens.
Dosage and Administration: Dosage is dependent on the parity:
Primiparous sows: 24 hours after weaning off the piglets inject 37.5 μg (0.5mL) intramuscularly
Pluriparous sows: 24 hours after weaning off the piglets inject 150 μg (2.0mL) intramuscularly
Gilts: 48 hours after the termination of the medication for inhibition of the estrus cycle inject 150 μg (2.0 mL) intramuscularly. For single intramuscular injection. Automatic syringe equipment may be used for the 50 mL and 100 mL vial
• Do not use in pre-pubertal gilts
• Do not use in case of infertility
• Do not use in general health disorders
• Do not use in case of hypersensitivity to the active substance or to any of the excipients.
• The safety of the product has not been established in sows and gilts during pregnancy and lactation. Laboratory studies in mice produced evidence of teratogenic effects. Do not use Maprelin™ XP-10 in animals during pregnancy and lactation.
• The simultaneous use of the product with PMSG (Pregnant Mare Serum Gonadotropin) or hCG (Human chorionic gonadotropin) can possibly lead to an overreaction of the ovaries.
• No withdrawal period is required for pigs when used according to the label.
• The product might induce irritation and sensitization.
• Persons with a known hypersensitivity to GnRH analogues or any of the excipients should not administer the veterinary medicinal product.
• Pregnant women should not administer the veterinary medicinal product as an accidental self-injection by the user cannot be excluded and because GnRH analogues have been shown to be fetotoxic in laboratory animals.
• Women of childbearing age should exercise special caution when administering this product.
• Special care should be taken to avoid accidental self-injection.
• In the case of accidental self-injection, seek medical advice and show the package leaflet to the doctor.
• In case of accidental contact with the skin, the corresponding area should be thoroughly cleaned with soap and water, as GnRH analogues may be absorbed through the intact skin.
• In case of contact with the eyes, they should be thoroughly rinsed with water
• Keep out of reach of children.
Storage: Store between 2 °C – 8 °C. Do not freeze.
Protect from light. Discard unused product after 28 days of first broaching the vial.
How Supplied: MAPRELIN™ XP-10 is available in 10 and 50 mL multiple dose vials.
See package insert for complete directions for use
- Synthetically produced active substance
- Only for swine
- Reliable estrus stimulation
- Higher piglet index
- Higher piglet weigh gain